Smart home thermostats and smart heating control
Comfortably warm in winter or nice and cool in summer – a pleasant indoor climate is particularly important for living comfort. This is exactly where the smart home can help you. With the connecting of thermostats, under–floor heating, heating control, and air conditioning, it’s easier than ever for you to have the perfect temperature at any time of year, and you can save energy on top of that. We’ll show you the advantages of smart air conditioning and which devices you need for it.
- Intelligent heating and air conditioning increase comfort. The control of radiators and the heating system, as well as the air conditioning, can be done at any time and from anywhere via app.
- You can gain even more comfort and benefit by setting up automatic heating scenarios. For example, the heating can be turned down automatically when the smart lock on the front door is locked in the morning, or when the app, triggered by geofencing, detects that no one is at home.
- Smart thermostats and other devices for regulating room temperature can be connected with each other in the smart home and with other smart devices, such as a weather station, via customizable scenarios.
- Smart heating in the smart home is sustainable and efficient and helps save heating costs and reduces your carbon footprint.
The days when you had to manually adjust the heating in each room on the thermostat are over. In the smart home, every radiator is equipped with a smart thermostat that you can easily set via app. There is a suitable system for every type of heating, for example, also for under–floor heating or the heating system in the basement. Modern smart home solutions are compatible with many heating systems, of all ages.
Individually adjustable routines or scenarios regulate your smart thermostats automatically and according to schedule. This way, you keep your smart home particularly efficient and don’t waste any unnecessary energy. When you leave the house, for example, all the radiators and the under-floor heating are automatically turned down. Of course, the desired temperature in each room can also be set directly via app or on the thermostat itself. Smart thermostats also have sensors that constantly check the ambient temperature. They immediately detect, for example, when the winter sun is shining through the windows and the heating does not need to be turned up quite as much.
Of course, comfort should not be neglected in the smart home: as part of your good–morning scenario, the blinds open automatically, while you help yourself to a cup of fresh, automatically brewed coffee from the kitchen and stroll on into the bathroom, where preheated floor tiles and warmed bath towel are already waiting for you.
- Smart radiator thermostats make temperature control easier than ever. They can be programmed and connected, but also still set directly on the thermostat.
- Smart room thermostats let you regulate heat throughout the room even better and control current energy consumption.
- Smart home under-floor heating can be conveniently controlled, keeping feet warm in winter and creating a pleasantly cool surface underfoot on hot summer days.
- Door/window contacts and room climate sensors help ventilate efficiently without wasting energy.
Smart radiator thermostats
Smart radiator thermostats replace the regular thermostats on every radiator and are therefore very easy to retrofit. Instead of manually opening and closing the controls, you regulate the temperature with them via your smart home app on your smartphone. However, you can still adjust them via buttons on the thermostat. The advantage is that you can precisely determine your comfort temperature. Smart radiator thermostats can be connected with each other, controlled even more conveniently through schedules or automatic heating scenarios, and integrated into entire scenarios and living environments – for example, to create a feel-good atmosphere, together with cozy lighting and lowered blinds.
Smart room thermostats
Room thermostats guarantee even better heat regulation throughout the smart home. They serve as the control center of your heating system and are mounted on the wall. Room thermostats do not measure the temperature directly at the radiator, but rather in a spot where the thermometer would normally measure the room temperature. When the temperature changes, the entire heating system in your smart home is informed and reacts accordingly. In addition, with a room thermostat you also have the option of integrating under-floor heating into your connected heating controls. In addition to the temperature, some wall thermostats also display the humidity in the room. That way you always know when it’s time to ventilate.
Door and window contacts, room climate sensors
Regular airing is very important for a healthy indoor climate, as it reduces fatigue. Likewise, fresh oxygen in the room ensures a better sense of well-being and even prevents the spread of pathogens through the air. These days, this is where your smart home can make your life easier with appropriate room climate sensors. These sensors let you know when it’s time to ventilate again. In addition, the sensors, which have recently even been installed in smart smoke detectors, detect excessive humidity, mold, and other abnormalities. Door and window sensors, on the other hand, detect when a window or door has been opened and send this information to your smartphone.
The opening of the balcony door and the windows, for example in the morning after getting up, can then be passed on to your smart radiator thermostats, which then either give the signal to turn the heat down so as not to (almost literally) “throw money out the window.” Or the room is heated up to the desired temperature after extensive airing. This will save you time, effort, and also heating costs in the long run.
As you can see, smart thermostats offer you an efficient solution and improved control, because they contribute to energy efficiency. Door and window contacts increase the security standard in your smart home. If you are out and about, smart door and window contacts even sound an alarm in case of unauthorized opening of doors and windows and inform you via your smartphone, thus providing an advantage not inly in terms of heating costs, but also security.
- You can also integrate the air conditioning or the central ventilation system into the intelligent room climate control of your smart home.
- Just like the heating, the smart air conditioner or your under-floor heating with cooling function can be controlled remotely via app or voice command. It can also be switched on and off automatically via schedules.
- Using geofencing, a smart home can detect when you are approaching your home and turn on the air conditioner early.
- Thanks to smart control of your air conditioner in conjunction with other smart devices, such as smart blinds or shutters that automatically close in summer temperatures or direct sunlight, air conditioning in your living spaces is even more energy efficient and comfortable.
In addition to your heating system, you can also integrate your air conditioning system into your smart home to control the optimum room temperature. Especially on hot summer days or longer periods of heat, you benefit from the comfort of a smart climate control. For example, you can ensure a pleasant indoor climate before you arrive home and save energy at the same time, because the air conditioner only switches on when you want it to.
Combining the home climate control system with smart blinds or shutters, for example, or a smart weather station, as well as climate sensors or wall thermostats, makes the cooling of your living space even more energy-efficient. This is because the individual devices, in collaboration, can react even faster to direct sunlight or high room temperatures. Devices can be automated, directed by you from the sofa via voice command to the connected voice assistant, or on the go via app. No matter which option you choose, intelligent control of the air conditioning ensures greater living comfort all round.
Smart home heating and air conditioning: our partners
The intelligent heating and air conditioning technology from our partners doesn’t just increase your physical comfort. It also helps the environment and your wallet. With the Home Connect Plus app, you can easily control your smart devices and combine them with other smart systems.
Devices or brand missing? Let us know!
We’re constantly expanding our extensive partner network. If your smart devices or brands are missing, please let us know.
New smart home ideas: Get inspired
What does an intelligent home look like in reality? We’ll make it easier for you to get started in the world of smart homes and show you – using real-life examples – how your own personal smart home can support you in your everyday life.